Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Potty Training Update

Well, after cleaning up another accident, I've decided to have Ethan go back to wearing pull-ups instead of "big boy underpants". With as many accidents as he is having, I am feeling trapped inside my own home due to preventing an accidents (or realistically...accidents) out in public. HOWEVER, I remember Ethan's Early Intervention Speech Therapist telling me about pull-up diapers that get cool in temperature when they are wet. I just ordered some of these diapers from Amazon. I'm hoping these help Ethan realize when he has gone potty...something he doesn't seem to be aware of at the moment. And if he does realize he is wet.....he really doesn't care! If I don't see that his clothes are wet, he never complains or whines about it. Just keeps on playing! (I don't know why, but that makes me smile.....I guess just classic Ethan!) Plus, if he does have an accident, it won't mean an entire change in clothing each time....leaving me feeling more free to leave our home! YEAH!

So, our Huggies Pull-Ups Cool Alert Training Pants will be here in 5-8 days. For a box of 52, it was on sale for $28.67, and it qualified for free shipping. However, I use Swagbucks as my search engine (much to my husband's annoyance...he's a Google maniac!). When you use Swagbucks, you earn Swag "bucks" which can purchase a variety of things. I use mine to purchase Amazon gift cards. So....my total bill for these diapers was $7.61. Normally, I would have more $21 in Swagbucks, but our Ethan just had a birthday....which pretty much drained our Amazon gift cards! I love that kid!!!!!

So, hopefully, these pull-ups will help Ethan. I am really wanting him to be pretty well potty trained by the time he starts preschool this August. They say as long as he is in a pull-up he is okay, but I think he will have more than enough to handle when school starts. It would be nice to have this taken care of before that transition happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment