Monday, August 15, 2011

Funny Shirts

Having a child with autism has given me membership into a club....mothers of special needs kiddos. It's not a club I was really very knowledgeable before I had Ethan.....even with my teacher training & experience. And it's not a club I ever really wanted to join, but now that I have.....I don't ever want to leave it! I love being Ethan's mom & learning all kinds of things that have to do with him as well as autism. And now I want others to know about our club as well. So, I was looking online for some sort of jewelry or bumper sticker to promote and make others aware of this awesome club. And I found some pretty funny shirts! Here are a few...

Autism is my super power!

I don't talk much because I'm busy thinking.

Autism....see the world from a different angle.

Keep staring at me & we may cure my autism. Then we can work on YOUR social skills.

God made me special....autism awareness.

Autism is not contagious.

Yes, I'm autistic. Stare if you must....I'm not paying attention to you anyway! (This one cracks me up!)

I have autism, and I'm amazing!

Autistic today......genius tomorrow!

Ask my mom about my autism. She'd be happy to explain it to you!

Volume control? Sorry, I didn't come with that option!

Autism Rocks! (and spins and flaps and......)

Autism Shmautism.....he's just my brother.

Favorite Autistics......Leonardo DaVinci, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, Michelangelo, and ME!

PROUD MOM OF SOMEONE WITH AUTISM!

4 comments:

  1. I just had to pick myself up off the floor from laughing so hard. Stare if you must... I'm not paying attention to you anyway! Jason and I have always believed that finding humor in everything is so important. So which shirt did you order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't order anything yet. I'm definitely thinking jewelry though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you guys first received Ethan's diagnosis, I started looking at some possible gifts for you. I bookmarked them on my computer but never scraped together the cash for them! I'll try to paste some links here in case you're interested:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/72548202/hope-hand-stamped-copper-circle-necklace
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/42210052/someone-with-autism-makes-my-world-go
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/79709983/it-takes-someone-special-to-teach?ref=sr_gallery_36&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=autism&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/73821506/teacher-therapist-autism-puzzle-piece?ref=sr_gallery_31&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=autism&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/63737013/teach-play-love-inspire-puzzle-piece?ref=sr_gallery_29&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=autism&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/57461172/i-love-myautism-decal?ref=sr_gallery_32&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=autism&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/77162278/i-love-someone-with-autism-charm?ref=sr_gallery_33&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=autism&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=8&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/70450412/i-love-my-son-with-autism?ref=sr_gallery_30&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=autism&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=19&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

    Sorry about all the links, but there's so much good stuff out there! You know me and Etsy are BFF, so I just went to Etsy and searched handmade items for "autism" and found jewelry, shirts, cards, candy, etc. There are also a lot of resources for children with autism, including weighted vests, weighted blankets, weighted stuffed animals, sensory toys, potty training resources, charts, etc. I hope you at least enjoy looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, man. The links didn't work. Not sure what I did wrong. Sorry about the pointless long comment. You can at least copy and paste them into your browser; just be careful where one link ends and the next begins. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete