Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Coffee? Yes please!

When I talk about Ethan & his support system, I have mentioned several people......his parents (us), his large extended family, his church family, our friends, his teachers, his therapists, his previous early intervention team, etc. But I myself have my own support team. And one part of that support is something I rarely talk about, but it is very vital to my everyday life.......coffee!!!!!

I love coffee.....and that may be an understatement. I don't know what it is about drinking freshly brewed, warm coffee that takes me on a mini brain vacation, but it does! And mommy needs those moments in order to persevere throughout the day! And this week is no exception! Yesterday was a supremely awful day. Ethan & I haven't been feeling good for weeks (sinus/allergy stuff), but yesterday Ethan's mood was TERRIBLE. EVERYTHING made him cry or meltdown.....it was brutal. Last night when I came home from my Women's Bible Study, my husband had picked up the house, cleaned the kitchen, lit candles, and had my foot bath out & ready for me! It was so sweet!!!!!! So, this morning, still feeling the need to give myself a little TLC from yesterday's madness, I decided to make my FAVORITE coffee.

For my birthday this past summer, my mother-in-law bought me coffee from Costa Rica where she was on a mission trip. OH MY GOSH!!!!! This stuff is soooooooooooo good!!!! I usually use Dunkin' Donuts brand or new kinds of coffee that I have received as gifts. But this stuff, I save for those days when I need a little extra pick-me-up. And, since I didn't have a moment to myself yesterday to make a pot of coffee, I decided that today is a Costa Rica Coffee Day! The coffee is actually called Cafe Britt....which doesn't sound very Costa Rica-ish to me, but the packaging says that it is 100% Costa Rica Arabica Coffee. I actually thought that today was going to be my last pot of this coffee, but I somehow have managed to have enough grounds left for another pot in the future. YIPEE!!! And, thankfully, they do sell this stuff online at www.cafebritt.com. I was going to put this on my Christmas Wish List, but I don't think I can go that long without my special treat! HA!

Well, I need to go......my coffee is done brewing, and I don't want to keep it waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment