Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 7: Things I'm Thankful For - Autism Style

This is it! The last day of Things I'm Thankful For - Autism Style. And can you guess what the last one is????

ETHAN! 

I am so thankful that I am Ethan's mom. All of the emotions that have come & gone....from being told that I may never be a mother to being told that my only child has autism....it has all been overwhelming. And, it is very easy to look at the sad part of our story.

But.....then I look at that little boy that God has blessed me with......and the sadness instantly goes away. He is such a treasure from God, and I am so extremely blessed to not only know him....but to know him as his mom. He has taught me so much about how to love unconditionally.

He is joy. He is love. He is silly. He is funny. He is excited. He is smart. He is energy. He is curious. He is sweet. He is warm. He is unique. He is innocence. He is perfect.

I am often asked if I could take away Ethan's autism, would I do it? My answer is not at all. He is perfect just the way he is. God made Ethan just the way he wanted him to be, and I am very fortunate that God thought enough of me to select me as his mother......to bless me with this amazing opportunity to learn about my sweet little boy & his wonderfully, mysterious super power called autism.

Here is a video that I have never shared with anyone. This was recorded over a year ago. It is almost bedtime, and we are all in our jammies....and lookin' quite fabulous, I must say. However, this video best shows the bond & love that Ethan & I have with each other. This kid is my heart, and I love him so much. This world is a better place because Ethan is in it....and I am a better person because I know Ethan. Thank you, God, for my beautiful boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment