Monday, February 6, 2012

Coloring & Sorting Pasta

Thanks to Play At Home Mom blog, I have been SUPER inspired lately. I LOVE their sensory play ideas, and Ethan & I are putting them to good use! Last week we decided to expand on our rice box & color our rice/pasta. We bought pasta with different shapes, sizes, and textures....this will stimulate his sense of touch. Then, we bought lots of kool-aid packets to dye our pasta....stimulating his sense of sight.

Believe your eyes! Ethan is "cooking" with me in the kitchen! No blender this time. Ethan picked the pasta & then what color he wanted it to be. He opened, poured, stirred, and cleaned up...a lot of fun!



Here is all of our pasta laying out to dry. I think next time we will use food coloring because the smell of all of the different types of kool-aid were a bit strong for Ethan's sensitive nose....and me too!
After a day of drying, we were ready to play! Sorting.....a favorite activity of Ethan's....it helps to calm him & organize his system. He really enjoyed this! And the total cost of what we used was $2.80!!!!! (The blue didn't turn out, but I'm gonna try it again.)



Here is all of our colored pasta in bags....ready to be used again!

No comments:

Post a Comment