Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Handwriting

A couple of weeks ago, I was telling Ethan's Occupational Therapist that I couldn't get Ethan to write for me. I can barely get him to write his name anymore. She gave me some things to try....writing in shaving cream and so on.....and I have been doing it with Ethan. Then, a couple of days ago, Ethan brought me his iPad with a chalkboard app pulled up on the screen. You are able to take your finger & mimic writing on a chalkboard. He was asking me to write $11.99.....his new favorite game/commercial (Pizza Hut). I told him that I thought he could write it....and he took off!!!!! Granted he was using his finger & not a writing utensil, but I was able to see just how well he CAN write! I was amazed. And, as the game goes, we start with $11.99 then go to 12.99, 13.99, 14.99 and so on until 24.99...then we start back at 11.99. Here are some pictures that I took of Ethan proudly showing his work! YEAH!!!!

16.99...Look how proud he is!!!!

What a great smile!

18.99...I was so impressed that he could do an "8"...that's hard!!!

*****UPDATE! This morning after breakfast, Ethan & his cousins were drawing....and Ethan wrote with a crayon these same numbers!!!! Sooooo....he CAN use a writing instrument for me! I was so excited to witness his progress first hand! GO ETHAN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment