Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bored with English?!

Even though Ethan has difficulties with many things, he has a super power. He LOVES to learn. He was reading before he was 3 years old, and currently is discovering math facts. It's amazing how he can absorb this information....and retain it!

Well, for awhile now, Ethan has been changing all of his games/books on the iPad to any language other than English. A couple of weeks ago, instead of telling me thank you, he instead said, "Grazie!" I really didn't know what to say, so I just said, "You're welcome." I'm so not a cool mom. HA!

This weekend, we went on a long road trip, and he watched several episodes of his new favorite, Dora The Explorer. At some point during the trip, I asked him a yes or no question. He replied with, "Si." Unbelievable!

So...now I need to be learning Italian, Spanish, Japanese (from his Cars 2 books), and French. These are the languages that I have observed him switching to in order to listen to his books in a new language.  If he is only 3 years old and soaking all of this up, what am I going to do when he is in grade school? I guess we will cross that road when we get to it, but for now enjoy these videos of Ethan teaching himself new languages. LOVE THIS KID!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment