Monday, June 18, 2012

My Repeated Prayer

Dear Lord,

It's me again. I know I say the same thing over & over again, but it's what is in my heart & on my mind. Thank you so much for who you are. I am reminded of how big you are everyday, and I am humbled to be in your presence. Thank you, Lord, for taking the time to hear from me....one person in this big world. Thank you for caring & loving me. I am overwhelmed by your love and forever grateful for the ability to have a close relationship with you.

Thank you for the blessings that I have been given in my life. Thank you for my family, my friends, my church, my health and provisions. Thank you Lord for the 2 men that you have place in my life. They are my everything, and I am so fortunate to be the lady in their lives. Thank you.

Lord, once again I come to you on behalf of my son, Ethan. Lord, I will not ask you for healing. I will never ask you to heal him from autism. I believe that you have created him just the way he is.....and he is perfect. Lord, I thank you for giving us Ethan....for entrusting him to us. I simply ask that you watch over him & be there with him. Guide his life, Lord. Please send him people that will love him, care for him, guide him, and help him as he faces many challenges that most other children will not face. Lord, I also pray that he learns from & overcomes the hardships that will come from people in this world. Negative comments, bullying, discrimination.....Lord, I pray that Ethan will not be entirely sheltered from these things, but will find a way to deal with it & have it develop his character.

Lord, I love my little boy more than anything in this world. But I know that he will not be little or in my care forever. Please help me to parent this child in the way that will help him best....as the child he is and as the adult man he will one day become. Please give me wisdom to understand autism and the patience of mothering a boy with it. And, Lord, I pray that you use this experience....to use our life.....to show others you. My prayer is what is written in John 9:3, Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

Lord, I also lift up others in my life. Please be with Corey and my family: L, C, S, S, R, S, H, M, B, H, C, C, R, D, E, O, A, C, H, C, G. Please be with my friends & their families. Please be with all of Ethan's teachers & therapists. Lord, thank you for all of these people in our lives. 

Once again, Lord, as I think about what you have done in my life, I am in awe. Thank you for never leaving me. I pray that my child will too come to know you, love you & serve you all the days of his life. Knowing & loving you has changed my life for the best, and I am eternally grateful.

I love you so much. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment