Monday, August 27, 2012

Homemade ABC Tactile Board

For the last few weeks, I have been gathering materials to make my own tactile board, but I wanted it to somewhat match the colors picked out for our playroom....yellow, denim & gray. Well, folks, I finished it, and here it is!!!!




There are a few letters that I want to re-do after playing around with different types of paint, but Ethan was too excited to let me work on it any more! Here he is playing with his new toy! Honestly....he played with it for over 2 hours!!!!!! I will be posting a tutorial for this later this week. It was really inexpensive & very cheap....it just took some free time. (Which I know is rare!)

Ethan putting them in ABC order around the board.

Daddy outlining the letters with Ethan.

Ethan was VERY interested in what Daddy was doing to his new toy.

He was spelling words, including his friend's name!



1 comment:

  1. That is sooooo cool!!!! Does he seem to like some of the textures and not like the others? Or... I bet because they are letters...... he loves them all!!!

    My mom and I did a basement room "carpet" just like that. All sample carpet pieces taped with duct tape on the back. It was a lot of fun to do!!! She always had great ideas..... looks like her granddaughter took after her!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete