Monday, February 4, 2013

Our first messy craft in the playroom!

Like many of you, I have an addiction to Pinterest. It is not uncommon for me to be found randomly browsing this amazing website periodically throughout my day....and just before I go to bed. I love to see the creativity on there as well as discover new sensory play that Ethan & I can do while we are at home together.

While browsing for "snow" activities to do during the month of January, I came across this SUPER SIMPLE craft! Stacy at Share & Remember shows us how to make SNOW PAINT!!!!

Mix Equal parts shaving cream & glue

Here is what it looks like after mixing it.
 
Paint! We traced some circles to make a snow man, and Ethan LOVED painting it. He is still prefers a brush to finger painting but he covered more area on his paper than he ever has before...and painted longer & focused more.

Here are our finished products! Once they dry, the paint has a dimensional effect so you can feel the paint. It kind of feels fuzzy & soft. SO EASY!!!!!! You could add faces, glitter, and other snowman items, but by the time it dried...I was ready for Valentine's day stuff! Maybe later....if we EVER get a snow day around here! I like to have at least ONE a school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment