Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Is It July Already?!?!

I had to put up my blinders as I walked through the store today. I overheard one of the employees talking about stocking back to school supplies. I decided that I wanted to remain in denial of this information.....so I put my head down & headed straight for the registers.

I can't believe it's July already??? Where is summer going?! 

Tonight, as I searched for a clean piece of notebook paper, I came across my "Summer Bucket List".....things I wanted to be SURE to do this summer. I remembered making that list....a couple weeks before school let out. You know, just after you get the city's summer programs guide, and you are itching to be done the school schedules. You decide to take full advantage of the lazy days of summer & capture every summer activity before it's too late.


Let's take a vote. Who thinks that I have accomplished something on my list of 12 things? Well, okay....you know me....I have done at least ONE thing on my list. Let me rephrase.....Who thinks I have done at least HALF of the things on my list. NOPE! Not even my fun crafting item. All I wanted to do was to create ONE craft a week.....ONE A WEEK! I didn't think that this was so unrealistic with having NO schedule what-so-ever!?!? Well, apparently, this summer I'm just not cut out to be the mom who can complete her Awesome Summer Ideas via Pinterest. Boo.........

But we have had SO much going on with our house. The roofers came & replaced the roof a couple of weeks ago. The gutter guys came out last week to replace those, but found out our fascia board was super rotten. So, today a new crew showed up to replace the fasica board & the fascia.....we are hoping to salvage the soffit. All of this is still mid-bathroom renovation that was started before we had roof issues. My home is now a work zone. Fun, fun.

Also, next week is our annual Walk With Me event. I love that day. It is so nice to be a part of the community who celebrates those with diabilities. It's like one big party & love fest.....kinda like what I think Heaven will be like. I love it, and I'm really looking forward to it. But, one of our dear friends is getting married that day as well, so it's going to be another crazy weekend without any time to work on our house.

Soon, it will be Ethan's last day his Easter Seals Preschool Program, too. I want to be sure to take pictures before we leave this group. I also want to get these amazing people something special as a thank you, but I haven't even thought about all that yet. I guess I need to get on that pretty quick.

Then, we have a vacation coming up of which I am trying to prepare. We are going to be gone for 10 glorious days with my husband's parents, his youngest brother & his girlfriend. We are beach-bound, and I can not wait! It will be Ethan's first time seeing the ocean.....and our first real vacation with him. But that is a lot to think through too.

AND....as soon as we get back, our church is doing VBS of which I am in charge of our Mosaic Ministry portion of it. That is our church's special needs ministry. Oh crud....I just remembered that I have a meeting about that next week. Note to self.....prepare for next week's meeting......oh, and you have a hair appointment. BLAH!

Has anyone seen my brain??? I think I lost it or overloaded it....not sure.

Well, this summer may not be turning out as I expected, but we definitely are keeping busy making memories. But I think I'm still going to avoid any section in the stores that may be carrying school supplies. I want to bask in my denial just a bit longer, and pretend that there is no end to summer. You know what happens at the end of summer, right? Ethan starts Kindergarten.

Wait.....back to my denial.......:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment